Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Barbie Doll Dress Tutorial from..... Craftiness Is Not Optional Site

Barbie Doll Dress Tutorial!!!
Up on the Piano again Barbie.
What is up with your hair?
A bit of pink camo going on???

I found this Barbie Doll Dress tutorial over at http://sewspoiled.blogspot.com/2011/01/barbie-clothes.html blog, and then hopped on over to the actual tute at http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2010/08/barbie-dress-tutorial.html

I was searching in how to make a simple Barbie Doll dress for a Birthday gift for a 6 year old.  Turns out, uh, well, Grace claimed the dress.

I used the above mentioned tutorial, but since I used my Singer Featherweight and not a serger for this project, I had to re-make the top portion of the dress, as I didn't have enough material!  (The dress back would not close!)

In Jess's tutorial (see this following exerpt from her site): I had to change the smaller piece to be 7 inches by 2.5 inches.  I was doing fold, then sew, so I used up some fabric, which would not have been done, if you use a serger. 
"
fabric: 1 piece 6 " by 2.5" (7 inches by 2.5 inches)for the bodice, and 1 piece 5" by 12" for the skirt
ribbon: 2 pieces-2.5" long for straps if you want them
sew-on velcro: 4 inches long, and a little over 1/4" wide (i cut 3/4 inch velcro in half)

sewing stuff: thread, iron, scissors, sewing machine....yada yada

"

I'll post a photo later on, of the finished product!!
<3 gaileee

No comments:

Post a Comment