Friday, May 14, 2010

Sew here I go!

Sewed up some Flanged Envelope Pillows this past month.

The blue pillows are from XL and 2XL sized shirts.  Then the Black one is from a Large shirt.  The Eskimo Joes T-shirt, which by the way, was my son's but, he'd never wear it, as tie dye and pink didn't go with his personality.  That's okay, since it was a size Adult M, it was a good victim prototype to test my pattern on......

Well as it turns out.  Using a scant 1/4 inch topstitched seam and a 1 1/2 inch topstitched flange, was a bit *tight* with a 14 by 14 inch pillow form, for the Adult Size M (Eskimo Joe's) shirt.  Notice how *tight* the pillow form seams to be by the pillow flange?  I like a little looseness to my pillow!

Next time, I'll topstitch either 1 1/4 inch, or 1 inch flange, if I'm using a Medium Adult T.  I barely had enough fabric chest width wise from the Adult M.  Of course, JoAnn's doesn't have a 12 by 12 inch pillow form.  Smallest one is 14 by 14.  It will be some creative sewing for lesser shirt sizes.  I also had to add some fabric panel on the top (as I had to do with the Bulldog t-shirts, as the design was really close to the neckline.), to make the Eskimo Joe design to come out centered.  These shirts were for scholarship winners from the local PTA.  I did 15 shirts for High School, then ended up last minute doing 6 1/2 shirts for one of the elementary schools.

Now I'm doing a fundraiser at church.  Send me a at least Adult M t-shirt, and I'll convert it into a Flanged Envelope Pillow.  You provide the 14 by 14 inch pillow form.  Cost is $10 (plus a shipping charge).  Shirt should be washed, as I don't want to deal with stinky shirts!  email me at yogawithgaileee@gmail.com  for more details.  The money will go toward our church's children's playground equipment.  Thought I'd use one of my "gifts" to help out the church!  Thanks!    gaileee

No comments:

Post a Comment