Tuesday, May 12, 2009

See what I've been doing lately?



The Nederland PTA gives out scholarships each year. This year we were able to give out 12 scholarships.

With that, we make t-shirt pillows (If we have any shirts left over from the sales) and give those out too. So this is what I've been working on here lately.

The shirts decal didn't center quiet right, so I had to add 2 1/2 inches to the top of the front of the shirt. But you wouldn't know that because there is a 2 inch flange along the border of the pillow. It just looks like the flange. Hubby helped me figure out how to do this, as I showed him the first pillow (even though I had a 3x t-shirt), and in talking to him about it, I figured out what to do.

I used the back of the shirt for the envelope back of the pillow, used the bottom of the shirt for the hem as the top part of the envelope and it looks quite nicely. Put in a new pillow insert (which can also be laundered), and there you have it, a nice memorable t-shirt pillow from high school. (see previous post for tutorial instructions on how to make this t-shirt pillow).

2 comments:

  1. Nice flanges! You did a great job on these, I'm sure the kids will appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those came out great! Great idea to use the leftover shirts! That might be a good idea for me to use with the extra shirts my girls get from dance recitals!

    Anyways, you won my Youcanmakethis.com pillow giveaway! Email me & I will forward your email to the sponsor!

    ReplyDelete