Thursday, May 14, 2009

My how they grow.....

There they are, their first dance recital, then here they are when they are in 10th & 9th grade. Amber did a traditional Mongolian dance at her induction ceremony for the Peace Corps. It was really lovely. Rachel is getting ready to graduate in dance and business and go forth to make her mark in NYC.



Here are some sewing projects, attaching ballet slipper elastic, and ribbons for the first photo. Some creative sticky tape for adhering costumes together.....a t-shirt quilt from dance shirts, then a officer exchange pillow from their Victoria Strutters Jr. High Dance and Drill Team.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you've been busy! I love those t shirt quilts...did they slip n slide much when you were making them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ironed on the iron on interfacing, then cut out the quilt block. When I added the strip of fabric on each side of the quilt block, it went on quite nicely, as I did LOTS of pinning! (Per Nancy Johnson-Srebro instructions!)

    Nice 1/4 inch seams with my Singer Featherweight 221 machine. Hardly any slippage, unless I had lots of space between my pinnings.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete