Tuesday, February 24, 2009

capri pant and ruffle attachment question

I'm trying to figure out capri pants and adding ruffles to them at the moment.

I finally figured out how to use the ruffler on my Singer Featherweight. (See a previous post)

And now, I thought I'd just trim off the pair of pants that I had already cut out for dear daughter (age 3), then attach the ruffle, after I'd sewn the outside pant seam.

Hmmm, well, maybe I should have cut out a pair of pants specifically for doing ruffles, as the pants are quite skinny at the point where the ruffles are! Any ideas?

I did top stitch at the place where the ruffle attached to the pant. I got that idea from Izzie at PR (and my friend!).

gaileee

p.s. Amy Butler pattern and fabric Giveaway at
http://the-fabric-shopper.blogspot.com/ Go check it out!!