Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bibs, sewn on my Singer Featherweight 221 Sewing Machine - Gaileee

Looked all over the internet for tutorials for bib making.  Didn't really find anything that I liked, and dug through my pattern stash and found my Simplicity 4642.  Looked simple enough.  Hmmm...





.
Ties around the baby neck.  Good.  Can use some rick-rack for trimming.  Good.  Then I look at the instructions.  ?!?  Okay, I'm trying to figure out how to put the rick-rack on.  I look at the picture, I read the instructions, but you know, I'm still not figuring out how this will work.

I'm not too good at reading these instructions, and I'm just dangerous enough to sew, and pretend that I know what I'm doing....argh! 

So I do a trial run.  Of course I do it wrong, but then I figure out to put the rick rack on the *inside* of the seam....just like the diagram shows....Eh! 



















Neutral colors! 

Can you say *pink*?
So this is what I've come up with, with the material that I have on hand, rick rack, and binding.



.
I ran out of some material so I put somewhat color matching material together with a bit or rick rack.
.
I now have to bind the neckline, find some on hand thread and try to topstitich like I know what I'm doing!
Ohh, frilly ruffles and two tones!

Cute backing!
.

These will go off to grandbaby Dawson, and a niece's new daughter Azeb. Plus a friend locally, who had a baby recently.  The friend though, has a sister, who is a super sewer, so my stuff will probably not be as professional as what the sis does. 
.

I even pulled out some cloth diapers and did one last minute last night, as I had one more piece of material. 

Enjoy my sewing with my Featherweight 221 Sewing machine.  Still works great!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great guess you used some of the trimmings on hand..Mom

    ReplyDelete