Took ideas from GrosGrainFabulous website tutorial at:
and made my own TeeCycle dress!
- Cut off one of Grace's Mother's Day Out t-shirts.
- Then measured the bottom of the t-shirt. Multiplied times 2.
- Cut three strips of fabric 4 inches wide by 52 inches long.
- Sewed a long stitch, and hand gathered the top edge of one of the strips.
- Then sewed on the other two long strips onto the gathered strip.
- Sewed on the gathered edge onto the bottom of the t-shirt.
- Then cut out two 7 inch wide by 52 inch long strips.
- Sewed the two 7 by 52 inch strips together at the short end.
- Folded the fabric wrong sides together (form a 3.5 inch strip), and sewed 1/4 inch to make the ruffle part of the dress.
- Put on the Singer Sewing Featherweight Ruffle attachment to my machine, then just kind of guessed, and ruffled away.
- Pressed the gathered edge, and attached it to the bottom of the dress 1/2 inch seam. Then pressed.
- Then I topstitched the edge of where I attached the ruffle onto the bottom of the dress (Thanks Tammy!).
Here is the finished product!
Hair Bow Up Close!
Here is Miss Grace, lounging in her new playdress!