Friday, October 24, 2008

pants for the cold......

So, yeah, I bought some denim, and duck cloth (quack) at Walmart yesterday. I have two super Walmarts about 3 miles away from where I live. One has a fabulous fabric/craft department. The other? Looks like it managed in a way that they want to get rid of the department. Always LOTS of $2 and $1 fabrics. I know Walmart may or may not have the best fabric, but you can get some nice finds, if you really dig.

So what is the marker of a good fabric anyway? I'd love to hear from you on this!

Today, I'm going to the "big" city....Beaumont. I'll probably either hit up Hobby Lobby or Superstore JoAnn's.

I was really spoiled in Victoria. A JoAnn's, a Fabric WareHouse, Walmart, Hobby Lobby and a so cool quilt store. The Quilter's Patch. People would come in bus loads to come to this store. The main owners of the store, well I used to work with one of the ladies husband out at DuPont. Always really nice to me! Here is the website:
http://www.quilterspatch.com/

Oh, and let's not forget Sewing Machines by B & B. Great classes! Nice machines. They did a nice job fixing a light on my Singer Featherweight, when I came and took the T-Shirt Quilt class. I also took sewing for the person, who used to sew! Lovely staff there tool!

Here is my question again: So what is the marker of a good fabric anyway? I'd love to hear from you on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment